If you’ve been played online casino slots, we’d be surprised if you said that you didn’t know anything about Microgaming. A well-renowned company in the industry, seeing the name in an online casino immediately gives you the feeling that you are in the right place. Read our guide on the history, unique features, and some of the best games we’d recommend any day!
Since the introduction of online casinos, there have been plenty of changes on how we play the different games they offer. The games can now be accessed in the easiest and the most convenient way, meaning that we don’t have to waste time traveling from one place to another in search of games. And while there are thousands of casinos online, there are those that take pride in offering some of the most thrilling and best titles, and for some that offer blockbuster titles, they tend to command huge audiences.
There are different types of players online, but regardless of their preferences, it’s certain that we all choose games we can enjoy, whenever we are selecting an online casino so that we are guaranteed of securing the best titles. Of course, game popularity plays a big role, but the experience we get while playing is a key feature that cannot be overlooked as it is just one of the few factors that will determine a good and a superb gameplay.
Behind every game, there’s always someone who has to take credit for the good or bad features that we see. These are what we refer to as third-party software companies, and one of the best in the industry is Microgaming.
With their head offices located in the Isle of Man, Microgaming has a proven long track record of offering exemplary services in the online casino industry, and its reputation exceeds it far and wide. This can be attributed partly because of its long-standing reputation for innovation and not forget the experience it command; having opened shop in 1994 as well as developing the game-changing Viper software in 2002.
Microgaming has been known to deliver for every casino with more than 700 casino games to help them meet the demands for both mobile and desktop players. Whatever that market has always wanted, the company has always delivered, and as such has secured its spot at the helm of the competitive industry.
A Brief History of Important Microgaming Milestones!
- Microgaming lays the claim to powering the first ever online casino, which was launched back in 1994. Some critics refute this claim, which we also agree with them since it’s difficult to prove, but regardless it’s a fact that most of other companies online consider it as the godfather of the casino industry online.
- Located in the Isle of Man, Microgaming really brought the attention to themselves after they championed the mobile-friendly casino games in 2004, causing a revolution in the online gaming industry, as other iGaming software developing companies started replicating better games than Microgaming’s.
- At the early years, when the company was in its developing stages, the founders decided instead of focusing on the daunting task of running an online casino and developing complex games, they were going to specialize in developing video slots. Anticipating the growth of the online casino industry in a few years, they identified the void in the industry, which required high-quality productions, which it would finally license to other providers. By doing this, they reached a final decision, which has made them a key and indispensable player in the online casino industry.
- Since the first time Microgaming opened shop, it has managed to grow rapidly, so much that they’ve reached the level where they only associate themselves with some of the top casino brands online. Failing to include Microgaming Games to one’s casino could have serious implications to the revenue collected as most of the new and avid players look for their games specifically – and if not enough, failing to include a selection of Microgaming Games will add doubt to the casino’s credibility. This is because most of the top software providers have now been associated with fun, security, and profitability.
- One of the key reasons why Microgaming productions are known to be safe and secure to play is because of the direct relation it has with the Interactive Gaming Council, also known as eCogra. In 1997, Microgaming became one of the founding members of this body, which offers trust marks to some of the online casinos and goes an extra mile to ensure that they offer only fair gaming to players. In the process, eCogra has helped clean up the industry which for a long time has always been attracting a fair share of rogues.
- Today, Microgaming stands out as one of the pioneers in the industry and one of the best achievers as far as slots and online casino game development is concerned. Microgaming Slots and other games have been for a long time ranked as fan favourites and not forgetting to mention that they have some of the largest jackpots online. As they endeavor to develop different online casino games for different players, genres, platforms and technology, their influence and importance are only set to increase.
What Are Some of the Outstanding Features of Microgaming?
Making your way to the top isn’t much of a big deal. Most companies, in other fields, have had a feel of what it takes to stay at the top but they failed to ensure they remain there. On the contrary, Microgaming has remained at the helm since it reached the position, thanks to the effort it puts in ensuring its games have unique features.
For instance, the software developing team puts in so much effort in developing exciting games which don’t have to compromise on playability and quality just because the player has decided to use his/her mobile or tablet. On the contrary, all the mobile-friendly games, including the Microgaming Slots and table games, developed by this software provider compete with those made for the desktop. As such, mobile casino players will always find themselves attracted towards Microgaming as their default provider for their on the go entertainment as well as massive payouts.
If you are such a player, we totally understand you, as we know, from experience that Microgaming truly stands out in ensuring that both the operator and player is happy, by offering a wide array of mobile-friendly games to cater for all tastes and preferences.
The other feature that we noticed about this company is their ability to constantly release new titles – on a monthly basis. In fact, regardless of whether you are a regular player at the brick and mortar casino looking to switch online, or you are a looking for new games, we highly recommend that you try Microgaming Games as it’s difficult to get tired of their offerings, which includes a superb mixture of video slots, table games, poker, live dealer and casino.
Just to emphasize a little more on the same, Microgaming are largely popular for developing video slot games that are not only aesthetically beautiful, but the team behind designing them designs themed video slot games such as Batman, Games of Thrones, Jurassic Park among many other titles that we can relate on a day to day basis. These relatable, and in some cases nostalgic, themes ensure some of the fans are reeled in, but one of the largest kickers is perhaps those games originally developed by the group including titles such as Immortal Romance and Thunderstruck.
Which Games Do We Recommend?
There are literally hundreds of Microgaming Games that players can choose from anytime, across the full scope of genres. More particularly, in the last few years, the company has been focusing on designing slots, which account for most of the company’s revenue.
Aside from the video slot, they also develop interesting and captivating table games such as Blackjack and Roulette, not forgetting to mention their realistic live dealer games, which throws you at the center of the action, face to face with a human croupier through its HD streaming video.
Due to a large number of Microgaming Slots and other games online, we tried those that are widely popular, singled out those that we found interesting and wrote a brief description about each below.
If you’ve ever tried playing this video slot, it won’t come as a surprise to you that we picked Immortal Romance from hundreds of other Microgaming Slots. It features most of the features included in other video slots, such as exiting in-game bonuses, free spins along with others. However, the most outstanding features include the outstanding design in both sound and visual, very captivating gameplay as well as a whole set of stories. It’s a game we’d recommend to any player – both seasoned pros and armatures alike – due to the simplicity.
Jungle Jim – El Dorado is a new release that’s causing a stir online and receiving all the attention for the right reasons. The game is the equivalent for NetEnt’s Gonzo’s Quest, and it’s themed around a jungle adventure where you are meant to help Jim recover some hidden treasure from the Amazon forest.
Jungle Jim features 5-reels and 25-paylines, which offer the ‘playground’ where you are expected to match wilds, scatters and other symbols for a chance of winning multipliers, free spins, and cash prizes.
Microgaming has also produced video slots such as Cash Splash, Avalon II, Alaskan Fishing and the famous Thunderstruck series. All these slots have a Norse theme, which channels epic graphics and merges them with some of the most rewarding bonus rounds.
Outstanding Microgaming Payouts
Another reason why Microgaming continue to dominate the industry is partly because of the massive payouts their games give. In this line, the company has managed to stamp its name in several notable areas including the Guinness Book of World Records, where it holds the title for the largest payout recorded in an online video slot with its £13.2 million payouts on Mega Moolah video slot. This win was recorded by a British Soldier – Jon Heywood – who won from a £0.25 bet.
Mega Moolah video slot is categorized under a progressive jackpot slot, meaning it has a jackpot that keeps growing every time somebody plays it. Usually, the prize starts from a base jackpot of £1 million and can grow to astronomical amounts of £13,213,838.68, which was won by John Heywood.
It doesn’t stop at this.
Sometime back, a bingo player managed to secure Microgaming another spot in the Gunnies Book of World records for paying out the largest payout in a Bingo game after a £5.88 million payout. Take a minute and fathom what you could do if you won this amount from one Bingo game!
Generally, if you are a jackpot hunter, we highly recommend that you try out some of Microgaming’s titles. They have the best network of progressive jackpots, and at the time of writing this article, the total amount stands at slightly £30 million. The company has also been able to pay out more than €574 million in cash.
Without any questionable doubt, it’s clear that Microgaming qualifies in all areas of a top-notch online casino software provider. We are only trying to see how you’ll go wrong by choosing to play free Microgaming slots. While they’ve already proven to be not only provably fair and generally secure, they’ve also shown their dedication to continuously offer the industry with the best gaming experience – in large quantities!
From time to time, we recommend that you Play Free Microgaming Games at reputable sites such as Slots Magic, Casumo, Red Stag, and Play Ojo Casinos before you can start playing for real money. Free Microgaming slots have all the features as those offered in real money!