Enter the magic of the Egyptian culture, with the Throne of Egypt by Microgaming. Bask in the ancient gods of old as you spin the reels to aim for their winning combinations. To win, you must utilise all the artefacts and magical beings of Egypt, including the dangerous cobras and the mysterious Eye of Horus. The game is set in an aesthetically pleasing temple, with both the soundtrack and location respectfully resembling the architecture of the country of old.
How to Play the Slot Game
- The game is a standard 5×3 reel grid with a total of 25 paylines.
- The symbols are all based on different beings and elements of Egyptian mythology. This includes a golden scarab, a falcon, a sarcophagus, an eagle, the God of the Dead Anubis and Coptic jars.
- The Throne of Egypt symbol is the Wild symbol. This substitutes all other symbols and helps fill in gaps to possible combinations. This can also appear in stacks, meaning multiple Wild symbols can fill in numerous gaps.
- The Scatter symbol is the cobra. This doesn’t have to appear on any payline. If two or more of these appear on both reel 1 and reel 5, 15 free spins are granted to the player where payouts are doubled.
- The Eye of Horus symbol is a high payout symbol. They offer a bonus if two or more of them are received on the reels number 2, 3 or 4. If three or more Horus symbols are attained, they will allow the player entrance to the three-chambered bonus game.
- There are three stages to the three-chambered bonus game. Each stage offers a different choice-based game in which the player must choose from a selection of Egyptian artefacts. Some offer a varied bonus payout while one of them offers the key to the next stage. Complete all stages and the players earn the biggest bonus payout.
Free and Real Money
The minimum coin bet that can be made is 0.01 while the maximum bet that can be made is 0.2. In terms of real money, the betting range goes from 0.01USD to 125 USD. The average payback ranges from 96 to 97%.
The Bonus Rounds and Free Spin Rounds
While the free spin rounds are set to 15 with the cobra symbols, it’s the three-chambered bonus round which is the aim of every player of Throne of Egypt. The first stage of the game is the scarab round. The player must select between 12 scarabs. Each one can offer a bonus payout, except for one. This special scarab contains the Golden Key which gives the player access to the next stage, the Eagle Round. This time the player must choose between 8 eagles with only four of them offering a bonus payout and one with the Golden Key. As expected, this then leads to the final stage, the Princess Round. One of three princesses must be selected by the player as only one contains the biggest bonus prize, while the remaining two contain nothing as this is the most challenging round to get to.
How to Win Real Money
The maximum amount of coins you can obtain through all the features is 500,000 coins. With the maximum real money bet being 125 USD, this can mean the total amount of money to be won can go up to a total 625,000 USD. As long as the max multipliers from the free spins and bonus game are applied.